You are an experienced graphic designer who produces extraordinary design of the highest level. You are an all-rounder, whose responsibility will be to proactively support a close-knit creative team with your awesome design skills.
Together with the team, you will work to create and deliver award-winning, original design for briefs that come in from our varied portfolio of clients.
You can design for multi-media platforms including print, digital and social media. You will need to create brand identities from scratch, bring events and congresses to life and everything in between. You’ll be able to execute all this to world-class standards.
As a conceptual thinker, you have a wide range of abilities with a solid grounding in visual communications and a strong understanding of typography, principles of layout and user experience.
Communication is a big part of the job too, so you should feel confident enough to contribute to the entire creative process. From brainstorming and presenting initial ideas, right through to final execution and delivering.
• Work with other creatives, or independently, to develop design and layout solutions that respond to a variety of client briefs
• Where appropriate on a project, input at a conceptual level and have the confidence to take on art-direction duties such as managing photo-shoots on an ad-hoc basis
• Be constantly curious. Have a keen awareness of what’s happening in the world around you
• Take your knowledge and insight and turn them into designs that engage the audiences for which the communication is targeted
• Develop design concepts, refine after feedback and execute the final idea
• Present your progress to the team and client at certain points of creative development
• Prepare design layouts for offline and online content
• Ensure that any corporate guidelines have been carefully considered and reflected in any recommendations
• Work closely with Art Directors and Copywriters to devise brand guidelines
• Work with the Production team to identify and engage with the best external suppliers to execute the work in line with the agreed budget and timeline
• Brief external partners to bring your ideas to life, ensuring that the work is flawlessly executed with the highest levels of craft skills, regardless of channel
• Direct the execution of the design, supervising the work of creative partners such as illustrators or model makers to realise your creative vision
• Build effective relationships with account and creative teams and collaborate in creative briefs and timings
• Translate creative briefs into comprehensive multi-channel design layouts
• Manage and work independently under tight deadlines and while juggling multiple projects
• Articulate a clear direction to the studio and any suppliers or vendors, and take ownership of projects
• Develop a strong understanding of agency processes
• Have ability to think on your feet and actively implement solutions to avoid problems
Client Relations/Communication Skills
• Work collaboratively and always support the wider team
• Present your work persuasively to the agency team
• Keep all internal stakeholders informed of the progress of projects, especially if any issues arise that relate to budget or timelines
Strategic and Tactical Planning
• Contribute and participate fully in the development of creative briefs and strategic and tactical plans
• Be alert to changes in the client’s marketplace, evaluating work in light of the marketing situation
• Understand the creative strategy in order to produce appropriate design solutions
• Contribute to the development of strategy through participation in internal strategic workshops and discussions
• Complete your timesheets daily – and accurately
• Complete expense forms in a timely fashion
• Understand urgencies and support your manager when booking/scheduling time
• Establish brand priorities and contribute to the overall agency goals
• Maintain all archives and storage of files/documentation
• Maintain suitable quality control levels within the team and wider agency
• Work with cross-functional agency teams to develop the creative content of proposals and pitches, taking a lead role in the development and delivery of the creative content
• Whenever opportunities arise, engage with clients to maximise selling opportunities, championing the PLB brand at all times
• Seek to identify and progress creative opportunities to grow client and agency business
• Build awareness of the agency by maximising opportunities to showcase creative work to existing and potential clients e.g. via the PLB website, award shows and industry press
• Being able to line manage and nurture other members in the design department
• Build good relationships with all internal departments and cross-functional teams
• Proactively support your manager by suggesting new ideas and questioning thinking where appropriate
• Ask senior team members for advice and support when needed
HOW YOU DO IT
The key Publicis Health competencies will apply to the way you do perform this role. A full description of these can be found in the competency framework:
• Customer Focus
• Drive For Results
WHO YOU ARE
• Proven Design experience
• A strong, varied portfolio demonstrating print and digital work
• Strong typography, layout and technical skills
• Fluency in the Adobe Creative Suite, particularly InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
• A good understanding of user and interaction design
• Experience in handling pitch documents in either PowerPoint or Keynote
• You should have strong attention to detail and exemplary communication skills.
Non-Essentials (but would be a bonus):
• Video editing and motion graphics experience
• Experience in coding (HTML or CSS)
• Cinema 4D experience
WHAT WE DO
By 2020, Publicis Health UK will be the power behind the world’s most influential healthcare brands.
Our purpose is changing lives, together.
Fundamentally, we seek to challenge and change behaviour. Through the work we create, we can make a real difference to people’s health and lives.
Publicis Health is the premier global health and wellness communications network. We are a connecting company, managing top-tier agencies, specialising in promoting innovative solutions in advertising, medical education, clinical trial programme development, sales and marketing, digital, market access, and medical and scientific affairs. Our 6000 employees work within 16 agency brands in 60 offices, located in 10 countries.
The Power of One
Publicis Health is one of the four solution hubs of Publicis Groupe, the third-largest advertising and media company in the world, giving us unparalleled global reach.
We are a connected solutions hub, equipped for continual business transformation. We integrate services across our global offices and brands to deliver on our clients’ needs. Each of our agencies brings a unique approach to business, which makes us even stronger together. We understand the rapidly changing health and wellbeing environment and leverage it to maximise the potential of our clients’ brands.
We put our people first. Our people are motivated and curious, they have determination to constantly look for insights and build connections both within Publicis Health, the Groupe and across the world.